Short post today. I’ve gone through and found what I believe to be some interesting/surprising NFL stats. No deep meaning or long analysis, I’ll let the numbers mainly speak for themselves.
– Matt Stafford has thrown more Passes per game than any QB in history. By itself, that’s not a big surprise. However, the size of his lead is ridiculous. Here is the top ten of all-time, taken from Pro-football-reference.com:
– Tony Romo has the 5th highest Passer Rating in history, just 1 tenth of a point worse than Peyton Manning. Check out the top 5:
– Michael Vick has just 13 more career passing yards (20,274) than his cousin, Aaron Brooks (20,261)
– Adrian Peterson, Gale Sayers, and Barry Sanders all have career yards per carry averages of 5.0….
D’Angelo Williams, Napoleon Kaufman, and Tatum Bell all have career YPC averages of 4.9.
– Muhsin Muhammed had 860 career receptions, nearly 100 more than Eric Moulds (764) and more than 100 more than Michael Irvin (750), Andre Rison (743) and Donald Driver (743).
– Noted statue Peyton Manning is tied for 2nd all time (with Dan Marino) for low sack percentage (3.13%). Michael Vick’s career sack percentage is 8.60%. QB Mobility is overrated…
– Jim Kelly is in the HOF. Here are some of his career NFL numbers, side-by-side, with Donovan McNabb: